The average number of times each developer on a team integrates tested,
non-breaking code to trunk / master. Healthy CI practice is at least once per
day per developer.
What is the intended behavior?
- Increase the frequency of code integration.
- Reduce the size of each change.
- Improve code review processes.
How is it improved?
- Break down code changes into smaller units to incrementally deliver features.
- Use BDD to aid
- Use TDD to design more modular code that can be integrated more frequently.
- Make new code reachable only by the tests or flagged off for other
environments with feature flags.
How is it gamed?
- Meaningless changes integrated to trunk.
The following metrics could degrade if not tracked with this metric